CABLE-, FUSE- AND BATTERY-TESTER
This design is no longer in production.
CT01 is an invaluable tool for pro-audio people. It combines a cable tester, a fuse tester and a battery tester in a compact, rugged enclosure that fits in a hand or on the work-bench.
The cable tester will test any combination of 3 pin XLRs and ¼" jack connectors. High intensity LEDs for each connection to the input and output connectors gives a clear and unambiguous indication of the cable's connections.
To assist in soldering cables, the XLR's pin connections are printed on the front panel of the CT01.
Fuses are tested by placing them across the XLR shells and pressing the Shell key. Further applications for the fuse tester are testing of incandescent lamps, diodes, LEDs, loudspeaker voice coils etc.
The battery tester is designed for testing 9 V PP3 alkaline batteries for almost full capacity.
The battery to be tested is connected across the XLR shells.
If the terminal voltage is over 8.5 V at a 40 mA load, the input shell LED lights up.
- XLR to XLR, XLR to Jack and Jack to Jack cables plugs directly into the CT01.
- Testing of XLR or Jack to phono-jack (Cinch) cables is possible.
- XLR shell connection test.
- PP3 size battery capacity test.
- Fuse-, diode-, LED-, voice coil- and lamp-test.
- XLR pin locations printed on front panel.
- Rugged enclosure with round corners.
- Rubber foam keeps CT01 in place on table during operation.
|Max. test lead resistance||25 ohms|
|Pin test current||30 mA|
|Shell test current||40 mA|
|Battery test current||40 mA|
|Battery test threshold voltage||8.5 V|
|Internal battery||9 V PP3 size|
|Size||46 * 65 * 120 mm|
All specifications subject to change without prior notice.
Poul Petersen, C/Faya 14, 35120 Arguineguín, Las Palmas, Spain.
Tel/Fax: (+34) 928 152 807
Poul Petersen home, Products index, E-mail: email@example.com
Copyright © Poul Petersen 1990 - 2017. Last update: 20170816.